- About Port Colborne
- Getting Here
- Leisure & Attractions
- Roselawn Centre
- Shopping & Dining
- Sugarloaf Marina
- Things to do...
- Travel Guides and Brochures
- Contact Us
On Friday, June 26, 2020 the Port Colborne Farmers’ Market reopened in Market Square, located in downtown Port Colborne. The market is open every Friday from 6 a.m. – 1 p.m. until Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
Since the Market’s closure due to COVID-19 significant consultation between City staff and Niagara Region Public Health has taken place to ensure best practices and safety measures are implemented for vendors and customers.
The Market will open with the following Public Health recommendations and guidelines:
• The number of vendors permitted in Market Square has been increased from 20 to 25;
• Attendees inside the market has increased from 35 to 65. Should the number of customers inside the market exceed 65 there will be a line up outside the entrance along Charlotte Street. The Market has one entry point and a separate exit point off Charlotte Street. The flow of attendees will be controlled to ensure proper physical distancing and attendees must keep at least two metres (six feet) apart at all times;
• While inside the market customers are asked to move in one direction and maintain physical distancing, especially if there is a line up at a vendor. There are arrows on the ground indicating the route attendees are asked to travel;
• Only essential items will be sold. Food businesses and agriculture businesses are considered essential workplaces under the Provincial Order;
• No food preparation or cooking will take place on-site. Food will be handled by the vendor only;
• All items sold are to be consumed off-site;
• Customers may use reusable shopping bags for their purchases, as long as they are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner, and are handled by the customer only;
• Hand wash and/or sanitation stations will be located throughout the market and at the entrance and exit points, along with disposable masks for those customers wishing to use one;
• Vendors are required to perform a self-assessment on the day of the market;
• Since City Hall remains closed to the public, those requiring access to washroom facilities can use the Harbourmaster building located at the east end of Charlotte Street on West Street; and
• A reminder that dogs (animals/pets) are not permitted at the Market.
For more information about recreation and park amenities open and/or closed in Port Colborne amid COVID-19, visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/covid-19/RecreationandParks.
For more information about COVID-19 and City updates, visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/covid-19.
The Niagara Region has long been known for the quality of its tender fruits and vegetables. What better way to enjoy this freshness than through a visit to Port Colborne's weekly Farmers' Market?
Over 60 vendors from throughout the Niagara Region present their fresh produce, meats, baked goods and a colourful variety of flowers and bedding plants. It is truly a delight for all your senses!
The Market Square is located directly in front of City Hall, 66 Charlotte Street, every Friday morning until Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
There is free 2 hour time limit parking on downtown streets.
In addition to fresh produce, meats, baked goods, flowers and plants, we welcome area crafters.
Open until Friday, October 30
The Farmers' Market will re-open Friday, June 26, 2020.
For City updates regarding COVID-19, click here.
Every Friday, 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The final day of 2020 Farmers' Market season will be Friday, October 30, 2020.
For more information, please contact:
Interim Market Clerk
City of Port Colborne
66 Charlotte Street
Port Colborne, ON L3K 3C8
Tel: 905-835-2900, Ext 534
Email the Market Clerk