Congratulations to our winners!
Drumroll please ...
The judges have deliberated and the winners from Port Colborne's Annual Lighted Santa Claus Parade are:
Musical Category: Port Colborne High School
Community Group / School: QUAD NIAGARA ATV CLUB
Business Category: Dance Expressions Inc.
Other Category: City of Port Colborne Christmas Card Float. Congratulations to designers Emma Croteau, Adam Saltarelli, Lucas den Hollander, Reagan Stanley, Ryleigh Huneault, and Nathan Cadot. These young artists will also be recognized at Council on Monday, December 10.
People's Choice: Auto Know Parts
Event Services will be in contact with the winners regarding your prizes, courtesy of Canadian Tire. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who PORTicipated! You are all winners for your contributions to our parade and community. We already can't wait until next year!
Watch us on CHCH Morning Live
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Canada Day
- Canal Days
- Canal Days Program
- Canal Days T-Shirt
- Canal Days Concert Series
- Canal Days Survey
- Festival Attractions
- Festival Shuttle
- Getting Here
- Museum Attractions
- Request for Quote
- Canal Days FAQ
- Canal Days Gallery
- Contact Us
- Christmas in Port Colborne
- Community Bulletin
- Easter Eggstravaganza
- Niagara 2021 Canada Summer Games
- Nickel Beach Bonfires
- New Year's Eve
- Remembrance Day
- Vale Day
- Volunteer Sign-Up
Christmas in Port Colborne
Remember when Christmas was a time of wonder? When you braved the cold between the shops with an armload of "perfect gifts"? Bumping into folks you hadn't seen forever.... being good, for goodness sake? The City of Port Colborne wishes to invite you 'round for Christmas this year, because as much as Christmas has changed in other places, things are much the same here as they were back in the good old days....
We look forward to having you join us
for the 2018 Christmas Season!
On Saturday, December 1st, join the Downtown BIA as they welcome Santa to Port Colborne. He will arrive by tugboat at approximately 1 p.m. near West Street and Charlotte Street. Santa will make his way down Charlotte Street to the Guild Hall where there will be free arts and crafts, free hot chocolate and cookies and the chance to have your picture taken with Santa (for a small fee). Great fun for the whole family that winds up around 3 p.m.
Santa Claus Parade - Saturday, December 1, 2018
Parade Road Closures & Map
Santa Claus Parade Route Map
Santa Claus Parade Road Closures
The following areas will be closed to street parking and through traffic for staging the parade floats from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018:
The following areas will be closed to street parking from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018 to allow for safe pedestrian viewing of the parade from boulevards/sidewalks, as well as allowing the parade floats to move unrestricted throughout the parade route, and disperse at the end of the parade route at Charlotte Street and Catharine Street.
1. Clarence Street from the western limit of Steele Street to the eastern limit of West Street;
Throughout the parade route, there will be temporary barricade road closures at the following intersections to restrict through traffic onto the parade route as set out in 2018 Santa Clause Parade Route.:
1. North and west intersections of Steele Street and Elgin Street
2. East intersection of Steele Street at Carter Street
3. East intersection of Steele Street at Park Street
4. East intersection of Steele Street at Tugboat Lane
5. West and south intersections of Steele Street and Clarence Street
6. North and south intersections of Fielden Ave. at Clarence Street
7. North and south intersections of Elm Street at Clarence Street
8. North and south intersections of Catharine Street at Clarence Street
9. North and south intersections of King Street at Clarence Street
10. North and east intersections of West Street at Clarence Street
11. South intersection of West Street at Charlotte Street
12. North and south intersections of King Street at Charlotte Street
13. East and north intersections of Charlotte Street and Catharine Street
Fill the Truck Toy Drive
Teddy Bear Toss