Thank you to our 2018 sponsors!
If you would like to sponsor the 2019 Santa Claus Parade, please contact Morena Bertholds at email@example.com or 905-835-2900 ext. 534
- Canada Day
- Canal Days
- Canal Days Program
- Canal Days T-Shirt
- Canal Days Concert Series
- Canal Days Survey
- Festival Attractions
- Festival Shuttle
- Getting Here
- Museum Attractions
- Request for Quote
- Canal Days FAQ
- Canal Days Gallery
- Contact Us
- Christmas in Port Colborne
- Community Bulletin
- Easter Eggstravaganza
- Niagara 2021 Canada Summer Games
- Nickel Beach Bonfires
- New Year's Eve
- Remembrance Day
- Vale Day
- Volunteer Sign-Up
Christmas in Port Colborne
Remember when Christmas was a time of wonder? When you braved the cold between the shops with an armload of "perfect gifts"? Bumping into folks you hadn't seen forever.... being good, for goodness sake? The City of Port Colborne wishes to invite you 'round for Christmas this year, because as much as Christmas has changed in other places, things are much the same here as they were back in the good old days....
We look forward to having you join us
for the 2019 Christmas Season!
On Saturday, December 7th, join the Downtown BIA as they welcome Santa to Port Colborne. He will arrive by tugboat at approximately 1 p.m. near West Street and Charlotte Street. Santa will make his way down Charlotte Street to the Guild Hall where there will be free arts and crafts, free hot chocolate and cookies and the chance to have your picture taken with Santa (for a small fee). Great fun for the whole family that winds up around 3 p.m.
Santa Claus Parade - Saturday, December 7, 2019 - 6:30 p.m.
Parade Road Closures & Map
Santa Claus Parade Route Map
Santa Claus Parade Road Closures
The following areas will be closed to street parking and through traffic for staging the parade floats from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2019:
The following areas will be closed to street parking from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2019 to allow for safe pedestrian viewing of the parade from boulevards/sidewalks, as well as allowing the parade floats to move unrestricted throughout the parade route, and disperse at the end of the parade route at Charlotte Street and Catharine Street.
1. Clarence Street from the western limit of Steele Street to the eastern limit of West Street;
Throughout the parade route, there will be temporary barricade road closures at the following intersections to restrict through traffic onto the parade route as set out in 2019 Santa Clause Parade Route.:
1. North and west intersections of Steele Street and Elgin Street
2. East intersection of Steele Street at Carter Street
3. East intersection of Steele Street at Park Street
4. East intersection of Steele Street at Tugboat Lane
5. West and south intersections of Steele Street and Clarence Street
6. North and south intersections of Fielden Ave. at Clarence Street
7. North and south intersections of Elm Street at Clarence Street
8. North and south intersections of Catharine Street at Clarence Street
9. North and south intersections of King Street at Clarence Street
10. North and east intersections of West Street at Clarence Street
11. South intersection of West Street at Charlotte Street
12. North and south intersections of King Street at Charlotte Street
13. East and north intersections of Charlotte Street and Catharine Street
Fill the Truck Toy Drive
Grand Old Christmas Festival
Step back in time and enjoy holidays of old at the Port Colborne Historical & Marine Museum on Sunday December 2. Rediscover the spirit of the season as you indulge in traditional Christmas pudding and caramel sauce at Arabella’s Edwardian Tea Room. Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride which will transport you back more than a century ago. Try your hand at making and decorating your own wreath, dipping candles or making an ornament. Visit the Blacksmith Shop and use a cross-cut saw to cut a piece of log, then have it branded with this year’s stamp. Stop by the Schoolhouse where you can have your photo taken with Jolly Old Saint Nick himself. Check off your gift list by shopping at the museum’s gift shop and at the craft sale in the L.R. Wilson Heritage Archives. It’s easy to get in the festive spirit when carolers are singing, chestnuts are roasting, and the village is bedecked in greenery and bows. This enchanting festival set in our picturesque heritage village has lots of family-friendly activities in a joyous holiday atmosphere. We invite you to come join us and celebrate this most wonderful time of the year with family and friends.
Arabella’s Tea Room will give you a break from your Christmas shopping this week with their famous Christmas Pudding & Sauce. Volunteers dressed in Edwardian style will be happy to serve you Christmas pudding and caramel sauce along with tea and coffee in fine china whilst you take a breather before returning to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Open 2-4